Monday, August 30, 2010

Baby Talk

I've always been one of those deeply cynical people who never understood or appreciated baby talk.  I always scoffed at "those people" who would baby talk to their pets, or children. I always secretly thought to myself how weird they were and swore I would never be one of them.  Here I am 4.5 months into my daughters life and I find myself unable to talk like a normal adult when I interact with her.  I AM A BABY TALKER!  What is wrong with me?!  Or should I rephrase that and say, "What changed?!"  I have come to the conclusion that once you have a child God takes you and overnight changes you into one of "those people."  You don't see it coming -  it just happens.  The absolute most entertaining part of it all, is I like speaking with her in the sing songy baby talk manner that I always ridiculed - it makes her smile!  I never claimed to be cool, but I have officially come to the realization that I am a nerd, a parent, a softy and I am one of "those people" and I like it!  I whole heartedly accept what I have become and am running with it.  So when you are out and find yourself also making fun of that parent talking baby talk, or acting silly to entertain their child, also think to yourself  - I am making fun of Alicia and someday I will be doing the same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment