Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Ramblings and Recipes

Do you ever have those days where you have a million things to do, a million ideas and thoughts running through your head and you can't seem to focus on anything long enough to get anything accomplished?!  Well, that has been my life the past week.  All of a sudden it's like my brain just stopped working and I am officially flighty.  It may have something to do with the fact that out of nowhere Blake has decided to revert back to the early infant days and wake up up for several hours in the middle of the night, or it could be the fact that I've had 2 trunk shows almost every week this month, or it could be that I am trying to plan meals for the week, go grocery shopping, clean house and take care of everything else all at the same time....in short - too many distractions!  Anywho, long story short I have had to revert to carrying a pen and note pad around with me at all times to write down what I need to do, and what I've finished.  I mean seriously - it's getting ridiculous!  That being said, I was trying to plan the meals for the week when I came upon two fantastic recipes that I often forget about.  These two recipes are super easy, super tasty and don't take a lot of ingredients.  In fact, most of the ingredients you probably have lying around your house already.

this one came from my friend Amanda and it rocks!!!


Spicy Chicken Spaghetti

Ingredients
                                                                                                               
8 oz package of spaghetti (I buy a full package…it’s normally 14 oz and put in around half)
½ purple onion chopped
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
2-4 chicken breasts cooked and diced – seasoned Tony Chacheres or Mexican spices (I have also used the meat from a rotisserie chicken)
8 oz of Velveeta (they sell smaller sizes, and you can also use cheese wiz in the jar…it melts better)
1 can of Ro-Tel

       *Optional Items that I found are pretty yummy!
Whole wheat spaghetti…it’s really good in here because it’s baked with cheese J
                Mushrooms
                Green Pepper
                A few jalapenos

Directions

Cook spaghetti according to the package.  Sauté onions in a large deep pan (you will use this to mix everything into) with a little butter and once they are done, add in the cream of chicken soup and Velveeta to melt. 
After you have a good mixture in your pan, add the chicken and then finally fold in your cooked spaghetti. 
Pour the whole thing into a 13X9 backing dish and bake on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. 

Baked Dijon Pork Chops

ingredients:
4 - 6 pork chops
3/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. dijon mustard
2 tbs. minced chives or green onion
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 clove garlic minced

preheat oven to 475.  Arrange pork chops on in a baking pan.  spread mustard sauce over top of each pork chop and bake on top rack for 10 min.  Turn chops over, spread mustard sauce over pork chop and cook another 10 min or until browned and no longer pink at the bone.

2 comments:

  1. thank you! for the recipes {always nice to try something new, easy, and yummy} and for being in the same boat... i feel like an airhead. flighty is the perfect way to describe it! we have babies very similar in age...

    ReplyDelete