Wednesday, October 13, 2010

6 months already?!

Today is Blake's 6 month birthday and it SERIOUSLY baffles me that half a year has already passed since she was born.  I know she has changed so much from that tiny little nugget we brought home in April, but at the same time I can't even believe that she's already half way down with her first year of life!  It doesn't seem possible!!!  I must say - it has been the most difficult 6 months of my life, but the BEST 6 months of life!  I feel so truly blessed to have this amazing little girl in my life and to be able to spend my days at home with her.  I wouldn't change this for anything in the world!

So here's the skinny on her stats at 6 months:
Weight: 14 lbs. 12 oz. (25th percentile)
Height: 26 3/4" (85th percentile)
Head: 16 1/4" (20th percentile)

Major highlights in the last month: she has her two front bottom teeth.  She started eating solid food (she LOVES sweet potatoes and squash!)  She can sit unsupported for several minutes at a time now.  She can take her pacifier out and put it back in her mouth correctly most of the time. :)   She also attended her first college football game and didn't fuss at all!

Look at the comparison between her now and her the day she came home....hard to believe....
6 lbs. 7 oz. 19 inches long
.

Here are some more pictures from today when I was trying to get one good shot of her at 6 months....she is too funny!
















3 comments:

  1. There's NO WAY this precious one is SIX MONTHS?!?!?! eeeeekkkkk! seriously!!! I feel like it was yesterday that I was stalking FB to see when she would arrive! Who would have thought this gorgeous newborn could get even more beautiful with each day? Happy 6 Months!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah was telling me today that she really wants to meet this sweet girl! We love her and we have never even met her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! Congrats on surviving the first 6 months . . . I wish it got easier from there. :) What a joy - she seems so well behaved. I LOVE that cow - do you know where you got it?

    ReplyDelete