Wednesday, June 9, 2010

T-minus 27 days until D-day...

Only 27 days left of my maternity leave -which means only 27 days left until I have to send our precious little monkey to daycare. I have such mixed emotions over it all. If you had asked me a month ago if I was ready to go back to work I would have whole heartedly said yes. That being said, it's amazing how much has changed in the last 4 weeks....she's started interacting with me, recognizing me, smiling with me and bonding with me. It hit me like a ton of bricks on Monday as I realized I had less than a month left and there are small little things she does each day that cause me to break down in tears knowing I won't get to share in all of these little moments starting in July. I got to witness her first grin, her first coo, her first mimic of me sticking my tongue out at her. How much am I going to miss once I go back to work? Will she be taken care of?
I know that it's not really an option for me to stay home, and I at the end of the day I know she will be fine, but I just hope and pray that she gets enough attention and affection and that we won't lose the bond that we have. This is definitely going to be a very difficult transition and one that I am dreading deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment